North Jersey Federal Credit Union has an opening for a Senior Accountant in our Totowa, New Jersey headquarters.
JOB SUMMARY: Perform tasks necessary to balance and update general ledger and
subsidiary accounts, maintain and reconcile daily cash. This position has a supervisory role in reviewing the dept work. Assist other accountants with resolving any issues. Also assist Accounting Manager with special projects, as requested.
• Oversee and review department work.
• Assist other accountants with resolving any issues.
• Assist in the review of accounts payable for the credit union. Research and resolve discrepancies.
• Prepare and enter daily and monthly general transactions including investment activity and schedules, employee payroll, loan participation, pension and 401(k) entries.
• Analyze, reconcile and review general ledger for various accounts as assigned.
• Prepare summary journal vouchers and verify all other vouchers and cash received have been properly balanced and authorized.
• Review and analyze financial data. Generate a variety of reports and statements regularly and as requested by management. Examples of reports include monthly financial statements, cash balancing report, daily cash flow report, and share insurance reports.
• Complete and satisfy all ongoing BSA compliance training and ensure regulations are implemented within job functions.
• Post and reconcile the subsidiary records for the accrued income from investment accounts.
• Post investment interest checks.
• Review daily cash balances.
• Prepare required government filings for the credit union.
• Research and adjust all open items, cash imbalances and variances.
• Set-up and run all prepaid and fixed assets items in the depreciation program.
• Special projects, as requested.
The above listing is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 3+ years Accounting experience
• Credit Union experience a plus
We offer a great benefit package including Medical, Dental, Rx, Life/LTD Insurance and Retirement Plan.
Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
HR Department North Jersey FCU, 711 Union Blvd Totowa, NJ 07512 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.