Keeping exercise fun, exciting, and convenient is the key to committing to extra physical activity daily. Within your busy life, these quick tips can help you achieve your goal of getting the recommended 30 minutes of physical activity a day.
- Take a 10-minute walk before or after each meal. Walk with your partner, children, or dog.
- Commit to another person (or a pet) to walk, run, or work out.
- Have your workout clothes and equipment in your vehicle so you are always prepared.
- Park farther from the front door of your daily shops.
- Sing and dance as you clean.
- Wash your own car.
- Do gardening or yard work.
- Fill TV commercial time with physical movement.
- Take the stairs whenever possible.
- Set up an area in your home for working out; include small weights and a mat.
- Meet your friends at the beach or walking path for a quick stroll before that coffee shop stop.
- Add a variety of physical activities that you enjoy to your day. These might include walking, playing basketball, dancing, or anything else you enjoy.
- Revise your commute to incorporate a workout before or after work.
- Make note of your commitment and reward your progress. This will keep you motivated.
- Break your exercise time into manageable time slots: three 10-minute workouts, two 15-minute workouts or, on days when you have time to go for the gold, work out for 30 minutes at a time.
Find the fun in fitness and move into a lifetime of wellness. Smile! Breathe! Enjoy. Your body, mind, and spirit will all reap the benefits of extra movement every day.